Deane Winthrop House
The Deane Winthrop House is an authentic first period historic house located at 40 Shirley Street in Winthrop,Massachusetts. Deane Winthrop (1623–1704) was the son of the first Governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, John Winthrop. The oldest part of the house was built about 1637 with an addition made in 1696. It is currently owned by the Winthrop Improvement and Historical Association and is open to visitors by appointment. This is one of the oldest wood frame houses in the country and is the oldest continuously lived in home in the UnitedStates. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.